We will contact interested students by March 21st at the latest to form teams and start work on this project.
- Between two and four people per team
- Each team must designate a captain, who will register the team
- Each team member must be 15 or older
- MathWorks judges will pre-select (via email) the teams that will participate to the finals of the competition
- The participation is free (and MathWorks will not pay for travel/accommodation fees)
- QUTRC will attempt to source sponsorship for travel and accommodation should a team get into the finals, but this is not guaranteed.
Registration and Materials
Upon registration, teams will receive:
- Free temporary-use MATLAB and Simulink software
- A Mars rover simulation model
- Instructions to work on the model
- All teams will need to send their optimized model to the MathWorks judges via email before the 24th April.
- The teams with the best models will be invited to the finals in Paris.
Location of the finals:
Les Docks de Paris
50 avenue du Président Wilson
93200 La Plaine Saint-Denis
- 8 February 2016: Registration begins
- 15 April 2016 midnight: Registration closes
- 24 April 2016 midnight: Final deadline to send in the optimized models by email
- 29 April 2016: Announcement of finalists
- 25 May 2016: Finals in Paris with the selected teams